Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Thanksgiving Week 2008

I know!!! This is embarrassing that I haven't kept up! BUT... I will catch up to date... and then continue with posts because we have a lot of important events/trips to cover :-)

THANKSGIVING WEEK 2008
Lockport, New York

It snowed a little bit, just enough to dust the ground and then melt a few hours later. This is Denise & Dan's back yard. Mark and I enjoyed waking up to this little scene with coffee in hand staring out the window.



We celebrated Adam's 30th Birthday while in Lockport!!! Very low key :-) Ice Cream Cake and booze. As you can tell... we're REALLY bad at taking pictures of ourselves. Sarah is much better at it, I think it's a teenager thing ;-)



Every Thanksgiving Eve Dan and Denise take us out to the local watering hole... this year Goff's was the pub of choice... hehehehehe what a hole ;-) but we loved it! I love little charming bars like that!




During the week we celebrated my parents' 40th Wedding anniversary! Also Maria & Lowell's anniversary is on the same day November 28th. So we threw a little party with cake!!


Thanksgiving is a very special holiday to me! I've been going to Lockport for this holiday EVERY year since I was born! I've never spent Thanksgiving in California. Turkey Day just wouldn't be the same with out everyone in Buffalo to celebrate and eat with. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to share this family experience with Mark. Especially because the Thanksgiving Holiday doesn't exist in South Africa.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love it when you guys come and couldn't imagine Thanksgiving without you guys. See you in June!!! We love you!!!!

Anonymous said...

i look like a dog's ass in that photo -- thanks!

not sure i would call Goff's "charming" ha!